Novato Community Pledge
To view this page in Español, click here.
I’ll do my part to create a safe environment for our young people.
The Novato Blue Ribbon Coalition for Youth and the Novato Unified School District believe:
- Teen use of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs should not be accepted as a normal part of growing up.
- We must respect age restrictions, because they are important for the healthy development of our children and young people.
- Our children and young people need a unified statement of positive standards and values from parents, guardians and the local community.
- To encourage healthy, adult-chaperoned activities for our children and young people;
- To prohibit use of, and not provide, alcohol, marijuana or other drugs to youth in our homes;
- To encourage events that our youth attend will be chaperoned by adults who prohibit the use of alcohol and drugs by youth;
- To secure and/or lock up alcohol, prescription drugs, and other substances in our homes;
- To communicate with other parents/guardians when we suspect a youth is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and to ensure that youth arrives home safely.
- To oppose the use of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs by Novato youth.
- I will discuss this pledge with my family.